Applications are invited for a Media/Electorate Officer position based in Canberra.
The duties of the position include media monitoring; drafting of media releases, speeches and transcripts; preparing digital and social media materials; responding to media enquiries; assisting in the preparation of the Senator’s parliamentary and shadow portfolio work; and community and constituent engagement.
This position requires a highly motivated and organised person with the following skills:
• excellent writing and communication skills, including speech writing skills;
• excellent IT and social media skills;
• good organisational ability;
• ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment;
• ability to show initiative, work independently and as a part of a small team;
• ability to prioritise and manage a number of ongoing tasks and work to deadlines.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
A salary within the range of $64 153 and $74 900 pa will be determined commensurate with relevant skills and experience. In addition, an optional allowance of up to $19 368 is payable in recognition of and as compensation for, reasonable additional hours of work.
A probationary period of 3 months will apply.
Applications setting out details of experience and the names of two referees should be
forwarded to: Sharon Scrivener, Office Manager at email@example.com
Applications close on 21 September 2017.
For further information please contact Sharon Scrivener on (02) 62300411.