Applications are invited for a policy adviser position based in Canberra.
The duties of the position include leading the development of policy across the Senator’s shadow portfolio responsibilities, working closely with other policy advisers across the Federal Parliamentary Labor Party, taking the lead responsibility within the office for the shadow portfolio legislative agenda, and liaising with relevant stakeholders.
This position requires a highly motivated and organised person with the following skills/qualities:
- strong research, analytical and policy development skills;
- excellent writing and communication skills, including speech writing;
- experience in national stakeholder management;
- experience in supervising staff;
- ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment;
- ability to show initiative, work independently and as a part of a small team;
- ability to prioritise and manage a number of ongoing tasks and work to deadlines; and
- a commitment to promoting Labor values
Understanding of and experience in parliamentary and legislative processes particularly Senate process and procedures are highly desirable.
The position is offered under the Members of Parliament (Staff) Act 1984 and conditions are outlined in the Commonwealth Members of Parliament Staff Enterprise Agreement 2012-2015.
A salary within the range $90,271 - $127,265 pa will be determined commensurate with relevant skills and experience. In addition, an allowance of $28 139 is payable in lieu of reasonable overtime.
A probationary period of up to 5 months will apply.
Applications setting out details of experience and the names of two referees should be forwarded to Sharon Scrivener, Office Manager at email@example.com
Click to access the Seek ad.
For more information, please contact:
(02) 6230 0411