On 17th May I outlined my governments priorities for the next 12 months. You can see them here.
These priorities built upon the ideas, comments and feedback received from the community during last year’s Time to Talk Canberra 2030 consultations. Over 34,000 people shared their aspirations for the future of our City.
Based on these consultations we learnt that what the people of Canberra want is:
- A better balance between the car and public transport;
- Infill and more housing along the transport corridors;
- Construction of sustainable housing, which is well designed and of good quality;
- Clearer identification of the areas for infill;
- A review of ‘zoning ‘ policies;
- Building green industries
- More dispersed employment locations;
- Services and amenities to be more centralised;
- Neighbourhood centres to be reinvigorated;
- Stronger connections with regional centres;
- A more integrated approach to planning.
It was during this extensive community consultation on the future of our city that took place as part of the Time to Talk Canberra 2030 project, that we used a new online engagement platform that captured Canberrans ideas and comments.
This site has now been revamped from the version we used last year to ensure that we can continue to provide the community with as many means as possible to engage with us.
The new version has facilities for online discussion forums, surveys and an e-newsletter. So we will be using this site as an accessible and easy way for people to engage with the ACT Government online. It will provide another channel for open communication for Canberrans, who will be able to share their ideas and issues not only with government but also with the broader community. Check it out here.